EC Rules of Procedures for Elections
- EC Rules of Procedure for Elections (accepted in Warsaw, Poland, November 2018)
Rules of Procedure for EC
- EC Rules of Procedure (accepted in Warsaw, Poland, November 2018)
Rules of Procedure for the Problem selection
- Rules of Procedure for Problem selection (decided in Beijing, November 2017)
Rules of Procedure for the Jury committee
- Rules of Procedure for the Jury committee (decided in Singapore, November 2016)
- EC Budget Rules (decided at the EC meeting in Warsaw, Poland, November 2018)
This page lists important decisions that have been formally taken by the Executive Committee. In particular, any important decisions taken outside the scope of the regular meetings will be documented. Decisions taken during meetings are documented in the respective minutes.
All decisions will be listed in chronological order, with newest decisions (possibly superseding older ones) on top.
Participation of Teams
In order to participate teams have to be present in the host country and must have met with one of the organizers at the time of drawing of lots.
Decided on 2014-07-03
Revised Scoring Guidelines
After receiving feedback from IOC and participants during IYPT 2012, the EC has approved a revised version of the Scoring Guidelines. This version supersedes any older version of scoring guidelines.
Decided by email on 2011-11-03
The EC has agreed upon new Scoring Guidelines, which will be used at the IYPT until further notice. This version supersedes any older version of scoring guidelines.
Decided by email on 2011-05-25
(superseded by the new guidelines from November 2015, see EC minutes)
Jurors must either have
- a degree in physics,
- a degree in physics education and three years of teaching experience in physics at a secondary school level.
This applies to all persons acting as jurors: team leaders who act as jurors and independent jurors.
Decided by email on 2011-05-19
(superseded by the new Rules of Procedure for the Jury committee (decided in Ekaterinburg, November 2015))